2017 Chapter Advisor of the Year Award
This award recognizes the Advisor that has gone over and beyond to support his or her chapter members and chapter activities. Deadline: Wednesday, February 15, 2017
The Nomination Package must include:
1. A completed nomination form and cover sheet (5 points);
2. The nominee’s 1- to 2-page résumé (5 points);
3. Three letters of recommendation;
- A 1 – 2 page summary written and signed by the nominator that summarizes the impact that the nominee has had on the Leadership (5 points),
- Professional (5 points),
- Career training/careers of several present and past MANRRS members (10 points).
4. The other two letters, written by the primary and secondary MANRRS member mentees, could come from current or past members, who should give an account of how the Advisor has impacted his/her career (10 points).
Total Points = 50
- The MANRRS Advisor must have served in this position for at least two years.
- The Nominator and the two other persons writing the letters of reference must be current or past MANRRS members.
- Self-nominations and nominations for members, posthumously, will not be accepted.
- The Nominator, the primary and secondary mentees must be three different persons.
2017 MANRRS Legend Award:
The MANRRS Legend Award was created in 2007 to honor individuals who have made extraordinary strides in the name of MANRRS. This person should be a continuous servant of the organization, helping to further the goals and the objectives of the society.
Past winners include the late Dr. William Henson (2007), Dr. Eunice Foster (2008), Dr. Jesse Thompson, Jr., (2009), Dr. Dave Weatherspoon, (2010), Dr. Charles Magee, (2011), Tina Terrell (2012), Dr. Carlos Gonzalez (2013), and Dr. Curtis White (2015).
- Individual should be an active member of MANRRS
- Member of the organization for at least 10 years
- Participated on at least one MANRRS committee
- The individual cannot nominate themselves to receive the award.
- The nominating person should write a one-page essay on why the person should receive the award and include the individual’s accomplishments within the National Society.
- The individual will be chosen by the Executive Committee via majority vote.
- Deadline: Wednesday, February 15, 2017
- This information must be submitted to the MANRRS National Office via electronic submission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The individual will be highlighted in the Final Conference Program with a one-page layout that includes a color photo, brief biography and a list of MANRRS Accomplishments.
- The individual will be formally recognized at the Opening General Session and Parade of Chapters on Thursday evening, with an award as well as provide brief remarks to the attendees.
- The individual will be awarded a complimentary registration to attend the 2017 conference.