BASF seeks Sales Manager
You will be responsible for managing a team of Ag Solutions Advisors charged with driving accelerated sales growth of the portfolio of BASF seed, crop protection and seed treatment solutions to assigned growers and retailers.
- Developing and implementing your regional seed sales plan.
- Ensuring Ag Solutions Advisors promote crop protection, seed and seed treatment solutions within the assigned area by calling on growers to communicate the value of BASF products, focusing on the benefits of using BASF products and services, in accordance with established policy of the company
- Overseeing development of a plan for the area that will achieve seed, crop protection and seed treatment sales at key growers and seed sales at Retail.
- Aligning with Key customers in your geography as an additional point of influence at the grower / retail level – Have a direct relationship with top 20 influencers / customers in your geography
- Aligning with your BASF District Sales Manager counterpart in planning and development of geographic sales plan / approach for Distribution, Retail and Grower engagement and Segmentation.
- Motivating, coaching, and recruiting the best team to achieve the maximum ROI opportunity & professional development
- Leading the team through effective partnerships with tech service, area sales teams, retailers and channel partners to be the growers' innovation product expert
- Working with Ag Solutions Advisor Team, Marketing, Sales & Technical Service personnel to formulate an appropriate business plan to maximize sales at the most effective cost for resources employed
- Developing a value-based sales strategy for the assigned team of Ag Solutions Advisors to assist each customer based on their unique needs, interests and business goals and objectives resulting in a customized solution
- Representing the area of responsibility to develop business strategies and tactics that meet the needs of targeted growers, including developing short and long-term action plans to anticipate and respond to market dynamics
- Actively monitoring and reporting on competitive actions and promotions and identify solutions to overcome competitive actions
- Holding accountability for all seed-related communication to the districts (e.g., pricing, programs, supply updates, inventory management, seed calendar).
- Operating and promoting the behaviors of working in a safe working environment