Bayer Seeks Director Strategic Communication
Posted on May 31, 2022
Director Strategic Communication
The primary responsibilities of this role, Director Strategic Comm, are to:
- Develop and lead a team that will create communications content to flow through internal, external, digital and leadership channels for the Crop Science (CS) business in the U.S. and N.A. region in conjunction with the Vice President (VP) of N.A. Comms.;
- Develop and execute a multi-channel content strategy that will consider and utilize a broad spectrum of media and content tools;
- Serve as the broader team’s content cinch point; coordinating and leading campaign-style communications to maximize the impact and reach of content internally and externally;
- Manage contractors and agencies to help drive public relations programming and extend overall impact of communications programs;
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with 15 or more years of overall experience in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or related field experience;
- Mastery in leading and creating compelling communications across multiple media; including written, spoken, visual and audio formats;
- Demonstrated ability in the formation and leadership of teams to create strategic and proactive communications campaigns to support business objectives;
- Proven track record in leading and influencing teams in orchestrating content across multiple channels to achieve desired impact;
- Proven skill at counseling and creating compelling messages and support materials for senior executives to deliver to internal and external audiences;
- Ability to lead and work collaboratively across various organizational structures to achieve tangible results for the business;
- Demonstrated ability in developing and managing budgets;
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite tools.
- Experience with an emphasis in support of internal and executive communications is preferred as is a minimum of 10 years expertise in U.S. agriculture and agribusiness or similar other highly regulated industry;
- Experience in multi-media and digital are also a plus.