Bayer Seeks Engineering Co-Op/Intern
This role is responsible for assisting engineers in development of project objectives and scope by analyzing customer requirements and producing sketches, drawings, written descriptions, or specification for customer approval;
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Engineering Co-Op/Intern, are to:
- Assist engineers in development of project objectives and scope by analyzing customer requirements and producing sketches, drawings, written descriptions, or specification for customer approval;
- Ensure compliance with engineering standards, engineering procedures, OSHA/EPA standards, plant safety standards, pressure safety design and environmental standards on all projects;
- Work with facilities and reliability engineers to get an insight into maintenance and reliability improvement programs in chemical plants;
- Perform and check engineering calculations following standard methods and principles for projects;
- Assist with procurement process of equipment specifications, bid evaluation, and contract administration;
- Assist with conducting engineering cost, feasibility and planning studies analyzing customer needs and data including researching, investigation, and coordination of other engineers as well as providing recommendations to the customer;
- Collaborate with production and technical staff on day-to-day activities such as process troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Assist mechanical designers in producing the desired installation via computer aided drafting;
- Work with all areas of operations and compliance organizations in order to drive attainment of project goals;
- Aid implementation of Operational Excellence program and support Process Improvement/Lean Manufacturing site wide.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering, or comparable degree;
- Successfully completed sophomore year or higher with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 prior to start date;
- Be proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Be able to work 40 hours per week and physically willing and able to climb stairs and ladders;
- Be willing to work in a chemical plant environment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity and you have the "Passion to Innovate" and the "Power to Change", we encourage you to apply now.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
To view the full job description and to apply, visit here.