Bayer Seeks Hyperspectral Imaging Scientist Co-Op
Posted on November 22, 2021
Hyperspectral Imaging Scientist Co-Op
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where, Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare biological specimens for hyperspectral imaging characterization following established protocols and/or modifying/developing protocols as needed under guidance of mentor;
- Perform hyperspectral imaging of prepared specimens;
- Develop automated image analysis tools to process hyperspectral images and interpret results as relevant to delivering the pipeline;
- Document protocols in detail for all workflows and ensure knowledge transfer to Cell Sciences and Imaging (CSI) team members;
- Collaborate with CSI team members and other Bayer stakeholders as well as external partners to deliver results;
- Comply with all safety, stewardship and IT/information security policies and regulations;
- Present final project/findings to the team upon completion of the Co-op.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Ph.D. or Master of Science program in Biology, Physics, Data Science or related STEM areas;
- Prior experience with statistical analysis of spectral/image data such as MCR or LSR and related programming languages such as MatLab and Python;
- Demonstrated customer focused problem-solving skills and commitment to safety;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
For full job description and to apply, please visit here.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.