FMC Seeks Disciplined Electrical Engineer
The Disciplined Electrical Engineer: Manufacturing Technology and Safety position will focus on developing electrical standards and processes to improve electrical safety across our manufacturing sites and partners. This individual will assess the status of sites and create a strategy for moving each site to the developed standards. Additionally, this role will provide electrical support to the production departments as directed by supervision; perform skilled electrical/electronic design duties requiring the use of design techniques, theory principles, and technical knowledge to meet various FMC guardian committee and other EHS related standards.
- Develop strong network across FMC sites and act as the electrical safety subject matter expert (SME)
- Drive technical discipline/excellence through the development, implementation, and improvement our electrical safety inspections, tests, and preventative maintenance programs (ITPM)
- Validate electrical classification for processing areas and infrastructure; gain alignment with stie and process safety department
- Identify and ensure industry best practices for electrical safety (PSM and Life Critical Standards) are leveraged across FMC
- Ensure/provide SME support for PHA quality reviews, new equipment installations and incident investigations as needed and support development and sharing of corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence as requested
- Mentor and coach site electrical engineers in specification of electrical equipment ensuring best technology is deployed in new capital projects and process modifications (especially when modification result from a PHA)
- Develop and implement electrical equipment integrity programs to ensure the reliable operation of electrical equipment.
- Interpret industry (OSHA, API, NEMA, NFPA, IEEE, PIPS etc) and FMC company standards to validate compliance
- Demonstrated experience with troubleshooting, analyzing, and resolving complex electrical problems.
- Experience with power systems analysis including short circuit and load flow studies, protection system coordination, motor starting studies, and arc flash analysis.
- Proficient experience with Management of Change processes including design, process safety reviews, construction, and commissioning processes.
- Proficient experience with knowledge of OSHA, FMC standards, such as the National Electric Code, NFPA 70E (Standard for Electrical Safety in The Work Place), NFPA 70B (Recommended Practice for Electrical Equipment Maintenance), API standards, IEEE, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with area classification development and the application and installation of electrical equipment per the area classification requirements.
- Innovative thinking excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Six Sigma Green Belt/DPS Expert certification preferred
- PSM Training and PE license is preferred
- Ability to write technical reports summarizing test results, calculations and recommendations.
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and Minimum 8 years’ experience.
Apply here: Disciplined Electrical Engineer (fmc.com)