Iowa State University: Assistant or Associate Professor
The Department of Agricultural Education and Studies at Iowa State University located in Ames, Iowa seeks applicants for a 9-month, tenure/tenure eligible, at the rank of assistant or associate professor. This position focuses on teacher education in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) through agricultural and life sciences education. The position is 60% teaching and advising, and 30% research/scholarship, and 10% institutional and professional service.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated interest and ability related to agriculture and life sciences education and will develop a strong research program of national scope focused on teacher education in agriculture and life sciences education.
- PhD, awarded by the start date, in Agricultural Education or closely related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of agricultural teacher education content.
- Adequate preparation, formal and informal, to prepare people to be educators.
- Sufficient experience as a licensed teacher to help students learn and differentiate in teaching situations.
- Documented experience conducting and disseminating research/scholarship.
- Completion of a teacher preparation program.
- Demonstrated ability, effectiveness, and innovation in resident and online teaching.
- Three or more years of teaching experience in agriculture or closely related field at the school-based or college level.
- Demonstrated success in securing extramural funding to support scholarship.
- Evidence of ability to work effectively with wide range of student, faculty, and staff populations.
To apply for this position, please visit ISU Job Posting, click on "Apply" and complete the Employment Application.