Merck Seeks Inside Sales Manager
The Inside Sales Manager will lead the Field Sales Development Representatives (FSDRs) and other Inside Sales Representatives to accomplish sales goals and organizational objectives while they cover open territories. They will develop their team to position the broad product portfolio of our company's Animal Health (MAH). The FSDRs will interact face to face with our customers, selling our company’s Animal Health division products, supporting pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy, and ensuring that our company’s Animal Health division is viewed as bringing value and technical innovations aligned to our strategic focus – The Science of Healthier Animals. We work collaboratively in field sales teams and play a critical role in supporting our customer centric business model. This position is responsible for coordinating FSDR coverage of veterinary clinics and shelter facilities for open territories throughout the United States.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provides direct leadership to Field Sales Development Representatives (FSDRs). This group of inside sales representatives are gaining field sales experience covering open territories with the intent of top performers moving to full-time Territory Manager positions.
- Provides direct leadership to Animal Welfare Organizations Inside Sales Representatives.
- Delivers a direct impact on business unit performance through strong leadership and management skills.
- Talent management for the attraction, retention, and motivation of sales team. Works to build cohesive team. Hire, train, and supervise.
- Provides ongoing coaching and feedback; conducts formal & informal performance reviews. Recognizes employee’s success & communicates to the team providing constructive feedback.
- Impactful communication to ensure consistent messaging and leadership among sales team.
- Problem solving extends beyond Inside Sales team. Originates ideas and suggests new areas for development.
- Works with field based Regional Managers to identify coverage needs and socialize top-performing FSDRs/ISRs as candidates to fill full-time field-based Territory Manager opportunities.
- Maintain current understanding of our company's Animal Health products, industry trends, competitor landscape, business model, key influencers/network structure and make information available to relevant stakeholders and influence sales trends.
Background & Education: equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of eight (8) years Sales and/or Marketing or related experience.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills required.
- Successful candidate must be flexible and can adapt to a changing environment.
- Demonstrated motivation and focus on achieving measurable, tangible results.
- Commitment to collaboration as the normal mode of working and resolving problems.
- Effective coaching to apply selling techniques and articulating the value of AH products using approved resources.
- Proficient computer skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel overnight, including some weekend activity.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Experience selling animal healthcare products and services through veterinary and/or shelter channel is preferred.
- Knowledge of biological products and the ability to engage in dialogue with medical professionals is a plus.
- 50% Travel.
Our Animal Health Division is a trusted global leader in veterinary medicine, dedicated to preserving and improving health, well-being, and performance of animals and the people who care for them. We are a global team of professionals working together to make a positive difference in animal care and the world’s food supply and have a deep sense of responsibility towards our customers, consumers, animals, society, and our planet.
Through our commitment to The Science of Healthier Animals®, we offer veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. We invest in dynamic and comprehensive R&D resources and a modern, global supply chain. We are present in more than 50 countries, while our products are available in some 150 markets.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us—and start making your impact today.
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.