The Nature Conservancy Seeks Project Director
Lower Wabash Project Director
- on-the-ground projects
- diverse partnerships
- and science-based agriculture conservation methods.
The Lower Wabash Project Director is responsible for managing the implementation of conservation strategies and activities in southwest Indiana as identified in the Indiana Chapter Strategic Plan, including the recently awarded Lower Wabash Wetland Reserve Enhancement Partnership grant. The Project Director represents The Nature Conservancy in the watershed and works closely with
- county, state, and federal agency staff
- university researchers
- and other non-profits to achieve measurable results in hydrologic restoration
- reduced nutrient concentrations and decreased sedimentation into the Wabash River and its tributaries
- as well as improved habitat through facilitation of on-the-ground work that will lead to large scale conservation results.