UC ANR Seeks Sustainable Supply Chain Coordinator
Posted on September 13, 2022
SAREP Sustainable Supply Chain Coordinator
This is a 100% career position with the University of California Agriculture & Natural Resources (UC ANR) Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program” (SAREP). Under the general supervision of the Food & Society Coordinator and SAREP Director, the Sustainable Supply Chain Coordinator will work primarily within SAREP's Food & Society Research Initiative. The position is responsible for the design and implementation of both research and educational programming on topics related to community and regional food distribution systems and agricultural sustainability and viability.
Key activities include:
1. Design and conduct research on food system trends, local markets and marketing, regional distribution and aggregation, institutional purchasing, and small farm viability and sustainability.
2. Design, carry out, and manage community education programs related, but not limited, to expanding access to markets for small/mid-scale and sustainable food producers, increasing access to locally grown and/or nutritious food for individuals and institutions, food safety training for farmers, food hubs, and values-based supply chain businesses.
3. Play a lead role coordinating the CA Food Hub Network, a peer-to-peer practitioner learning network hosted by UC SAREP.
4. Contribute to the planning and development of new sustainable supply chain projects and research, including applying for federal and private grants to secure funding for continued research and educational programming.
5. Successfully interface with a wide-range of stakeholders and collaborators (NGOs, industry groups, policymakers), particularly with UC Cooperative Extension colleagues.
6. Serve as a community resource in the topical areas mentioned above
draft written reports and contribute to food and agricultural industry articles and articles for academic literature
present at professional and practitioner meetings and conferences based on research results.
For more information, please reference the full posting at: https://apptrkr.com/3436453
Min: $58,500/year to Mid: $83,400/year
Job Posting Close Date:
Open Until Filled - First round of applications will be pulled on 9/23/2022.
UC ANR is an equal opportunity provider and employer.