UC Berkeley Seeks Food Institute Educational Programs Director
Berkeley Food Institute Educational Programs Director
The Berkeley Food Institute strives to transform food systems to expand access to healthy, affordable food and promote sustainable and equitable food production. We empower new leaders with the capacity to cultivate diverse, just, resilient, and healthy food systems.
The Educational Programs Director develops and oversees undergraduate and graduate fellowship programs, community-based participatory research programs, and bridge programs aimed at increasing access to agri-food systems education at UC Berkeley. This position will work with departments to develop experiential learning opportunities tied to agri-food systems education. They will contribute curricular expertise and program and on-and-off campus partnership management to programs such as the Food Systems Minor and Graduate Certificate in Food Systems, ensuring that agri-food systems education at UC Berkeley is welcoming, relevant and culturally appropriate to our diverse student population. The Educations Program Director will also develop evaluative tools and methodologies to assess and evaluate the effectiveness of programs and services.
Bachelor’s degree in agri-food systems education and/or equivalent experience/training.
• Advanced knowledge in theoretical concepts of adult learning.
• Knowledge on methodologies to enhance student success.
• Advanced knowledge of specific learning styles, linguistic issues.
• Knowledge of how learning skills issues apply to a research institution.
• Master’s or doctorate in agri-food systems education and/or equivalent experience/training.
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $85,000 – $95,000.
This job includes full benefits. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Link to UC Berkeley Job Site:
This is 12-month, full-time (40 hours/week), Contract appointment with an opportunity for renewal. A hybrid work arrangement is available for this position.
Location: Main Campus-Berkeley
Payroll Title: Student Academic Specialist 4 (4551U)
• Posted on April 28, 2022.
• For full consideration, please submit your application no later than May 31, 2022. Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single PDF attachment when applying.