University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Seeks Academic Hourly
WE TRANSFORM LIVES.
Everything we do is designed to improve the quality of life of the people in the state of Illinois, across the nation, and around the world. We discover, develop, translate, and disseminate knowledge to address societal concerns and train the next generation of experts and leaders in a way that empowers them to expand the boundaries of science to higher levels of understanding and influence.
Be a part of our story.
This position is estimated to work 40 hours per week and will work directly under the Principal Investigator and Full-Time Project Coordinator to assist with a wide range of tasks related to the project, the Data-Intensive Farm Management Project (DIFM). The DIFM research team generates and analyzes “Big” agronomic data to improve the way the world fertilizes crops.
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with writing research-related performance and progress reports
- Assist with conference planning, which includes editing, adding, organizing, and confirming events related to the Data Intensive Farm Management (DIFM) project
- Assist with trial participation invoicing
- Write descriptions of on-going research and provide content for the project website
- Coordinate online communications for farmers, consultants, graduate students, researchers, and other stakeholders
- Organize information for all researchers and trial participants
- Assist in creating quarterly newsletters for the project
POSITION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Required: Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, Agronomy, Agricultural Economics or related Field.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure and deadlines – ability to prioritize, manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Ability to take initiative, set priorities, and work independently and as a team player.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Google Apps, and Box.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Required: Experience with GIS and related database management
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT DETAILS: Commensurate with experience. This is an Academic Hourly appointment. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
PROPOSED STARTING DATE: As soon as possible after the close date.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Apply for this position using the Apply Now button at the top or bottom of the posting on https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume, and contact information of three references. Applications should be received by 6:00 pm (CST) on June 22, 2023. All requested information must be submitted via the online system for your application to be considered. For further information please contact Carli Miller, Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics, email@example.com . For questions regarding the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois System is an equal opportunity employer, including but not limited to disability and/or veteran status, and complies with all applicable state and federal employment mandates. Please visit Required Employment Notices and Posters to view our non-discrimination statement and find additional information about required background checks, sexual harassment/misconduct disclosures, COVID-19 vaccination requirement, and employment eligibility review through E-Verify.
Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to apply and may request a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (2008) to complete the application and/or interview process. Requests may be submitted through the reasonable accommodations portal, or by contacting the Accessibility & Accommodations Division of the Office for Access and Equity at 217-333-0885, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requisition ID: 1017601
Job Category: Research
Apply at: https://jobs.illinois.edu