The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign seeks Director, Food & Agribusiness Management Program & Open Rank Specialized Faculty
Posted on May 25, 2022
Director, Food & Agribusiness Management Program & Open Rank Specialized Faculty
DESCRIPTION: The Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics (ACE) is searching for an outstanding candidate for Director of the Food and Agribusiness Management Program, and who will also serve in an instructional role as part of the program.
RESPONSIBILITIES: As Director, provide leadership, coordination and instruction for the Food and Agribusiness Management Program in the Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics.
Expected responsibilities include:
- Leadership in planning, online and classroom instruction, experiential learning and fundraising
- Manage/coordinate student team competitions, international and domestic business immersion experiences, participation in professional society and networking events with industry professionals
- Develop relationships and partner with firms to manage internships and student employment opportunities
- Lead development efforts to expand the base of external support for student scholarships, classroom engagement, and experiential learning opportunities
- Under the supervision of the Department Head, oversee the allocation and use of Program resources
- Collaborate with the Department Head, faculty and program support staff in strategic planning efforts and the development of policies, practices, programs and initiatives that strengthen the Food and Agribusiness Management Program and serve on Department, College and/or University committees as assigned. As an instructor in the program, teach three classes each year in Agricultural & Consumer Economics and have a three-course release for their work as the Director, Food and Agribusiness Management Program.
POSITION: This position is a 100% nine-month specialized faculty appointment (9-month service basis paid over 12 months), with the possibility of summer appointment, with an additional 0% twelve-month appointment as the Director, Food and Agribusiness Management Program.
QUALIFICATIONS: Required: Master’s degree in business, finance, economics, or related fields with interest in agribusiness management. At least five years of industry experience.
Preferred: Teaching experience. A Ph.D. degree.
For the instructional dimension of the position, candidates who hold a Master’s degree will be considered as an Instructor or Sr. Instructor depending on experience and qualifications. Candidates with an earned PhD and instructional experience by the time of appointment may be considered as a Lecturer, Sr. Lecturer, Teaching Assistant Professor, or Teaching Associate Professor depending on their instructional and curricular records and potential to provide curricular and pedagogical leadership.
START DATE: Anticipated start date is August 16, 2022.
APPLICATION: Applications must be received by July 1, 2022.
Apply at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a brief cover letter, CV, academic transcripts, and contact information for three letters of reference.
INFORMATION: For additional information about the department see www.ace.illinois.edu
for information about the position contact Dr. Peter Goldsmith via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org .
University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.
The U of I is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled http://go.illinois.edu/EEO that participates in the federal e-Verify program and participates in a background check program focused on prior criminal or sexual misconduct history.