Bayer Seeks Physiology Imaging Intern
Posted on November 22, 2021
Physiology Imaging Intern
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where, Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be accountable for In-field phenotyping of crop canopies, including data quality control and management;
- Work with digital phenotyping teams and data scientists to use UAV data to model canopy architecture of corn and soy;
- Run models in R and interpret results;
- Perform weekly check-ins with project leads;
- Be responsible for final report and presentation to Breeding and Crop Environmental Physiology teams and to internship program at completion of internship;
- Participate in Crop Environmental Physiology team activities;
- Complete safety and compliance training.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Current enrollment at an accredited university located in the U.S. pursuing a Master of Science or Ph.D. in Crop Physiology, Agronomy, Plant Ecology, Data Science, Plant Breeding, Agricultural Engineering or related disciplines;
- Skilled in the use of Excel, R;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Interest in phenotyping, whole-plant physiology, environmental physiology, crop physiology, agronomy.
For full job description and to apply, please visit here.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.