Bayer Seeks Transformation Optimization Intern
Posted on November 22, 2021
Transformation Optimization Intern
At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where, Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Apply defined scientific principles to solve complex scientific problems;
- Design, conduct and interpret experiments to improve the pipeline;
- Organize, document and report research outcomes in a timely manner;
- Develop improved Agrobacterium-based transformation protocols for major row crops;
- Collaborate with system improvement scientists to innovate and develop transformation systems;
- Collaborate with the production team members to enable technology transfer;
- Achieve commitment to safety and adherence to safety protocols and best practices;
- Give weekly updates during team meetings and a final report or presentation to the team or platform sharing the work completed during the internship.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Currently enrolled in a Master’s degree or Ph.D. degree program specialization in Plant Biology, Developmental Biology, Plant Physiology, Genetics, Molecular Biology or related STEM field;
- Plant tissue culture and transformation experience;
- Stay current with knowledge in new science and technological developments;
- Ability to learn and apply new concepts and techniques;
- Good record keeping with attention to detail;
- Troubleshooting experience;
- Good communication skills;
- Works in diverse team environments
For full job description and to apply, please visit here.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.