The USDA, ARS seeks Supervisory Research Chemist/Chemical Engineer (Research Leader)
Posted on November 23, 2021
Supervisory Research Chemist/Chemical Engineer (Research Leader)
The incumbent serves as a Supervisory Research Chemist/Chemical Engineer (Research Leader) for the National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research (NCAUR), Peoria, Illinois. The incumbent develops and maintains an internationally recognized research program and leads a diverse group of scientists and support staff in research to develop new bio-based materials and value-added products from traditional as well as new or specialty crops.
As Research Leader, the incumbent
- provides vision
- establishes and maintains an advisory stakeholder base representing the various research projects to advocate for enhancing the unit and to enable commercialization of products
- exercises leadership and supervises personnel assigned to the unit
- maximizes the creativity and productivity of the unit
- hires personnel and manages the human, fiscal, and physical resources assigned to the unit
- serves as the Unit fundholder
- provides technical information and consultation both internal and external to ARS
- and ensures the proper interpretation and reporting of scientific research results.
For further information and complete application instructions, search for announcement at ARS-D22MWA-11297547-JML https://www.usajobs.gov/
U.S Citizenship is required.
Applications must be received by the closing date of December 22, 2021.
The USDA/ARS is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.