Wildlands Engineering Seeks Water Resources Engineer
Posted on November 21, 2022
Water Resources Engineer / Environmental Designer
Wildlands Engineering is seeking individuals with a passion for environmental conservation and a desire to create a lasting impact to join our growing company. We are looking for an entry-level environmental designer in our Raleigh, NC office. This position will support our project teams with design of complex ecosystem restoration projects, field assessments, hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, and stormwater management. The ideal candidate will have 0 to 5 years of water resources experience and should understand the ecologic and hydrologic processes important to ecosystem restoration, water quality, and stormwater management in the southeastern United States. This position may require occasional overnight travel and frequent outdoor field work.
Wildlands Engineering, Inc. was founded in 2007 and focuses on stream and wetland restoration, watershed planning and assessment, and water quality management. With offices in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia, Wildlands Engineering provides water resources engineering, ecosystem restoration, mitigation banking, and consulting services to an array of clients, including local and state government and conservation organizations. Our dedicated, motivated, and highly trained team has experience in all aspects of stream and wetland restoration, watershed planning and assessment, and water quality management. Wildlands Engineering is committed to a watershed and ecosystem approach to ecological restoration and water quality management, and we provide exceptional services to our clients in an uncompromisingly ethical, innovative, and time-sensitive manner.
• A four-year degree in biological systems, civil, agricultural, or environmental engineering. geomorphology, fluid mechanics/open channel flow, and sediment transport.
• 0-5 years of water resources experience.
• Experience with design of ecosystem restoration projects and stormwater control measures.
• A general understanding of ecological processes relevant to riparian and wetland restoration in the southeastern United States.
• Experience with hydrologic and/or hydraulic modeling and understanding of open channel flow.
• Experience with ArcGIS and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• Experience with the preparation of construction documents including construction plans, erosion control, bid estimates, technical specifications, and technical reporting.
• A graduate degree in a related field and/or professional licensure as an Engineering Intern is preferred.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office including Excel
• Ability to meet the physical demands needed to complete various field assignments
• Must have valid driver’s license
• Ability to frequently walk over rough, uneven surfaces
• Ability to sustain periods of strenuous physical exertion
• Part of the job requirements and the physical demands are performed in outdoor weather conditions with frequent exposure to wet/humid conditions and extreme heat or cold. Other adverse factors may include exposure to ticks and poison ivy.
PLEASE SEND RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Email (preferred method): firstname.lastname@example.org
subject line: Water Resources Engineer/Designer
Mailing Address: 1430 S. Mint Street, Suite 104, Charlotte, NC 28203
The cover letter should identify your previous work experience, why you are interested in this position, your approximate available start date, and any other information that you feel is important. Please be prepared to provide contact information for two references, if requested.