Consolidated Grain & Barge Co. Seeks Grain Merchant - Hennepin, IL
Posted on July 15, 2022
Grain Merchant - Hennepin, IL
This job is primarily responsible for originating grain purchases from growers while promoting company products and services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, determining customer requirements, executing contracts and agreements, and resolving customer related issues.
Apply Online Today: https://cgb.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CGB_Careers/details/Grain-Merchant_R0003285?q=merchant
In this job, you will:
- Originate grain purchases from growers
work with origination staff to maximize commercial and producer origination thru team communication and execution.
- Conduct annual farm/business visits for all major accounts.
- Add new business accounts to manage/service.
- Document new accounts and track success.
- Work with manager and others to analyze three year handle information on all producer/commercial accounts assigned to evaluate customer market share and growth/retention.
- Identify accounts that are underperforming and develop a marketing strategy to correct.
- Execute and manage contract including signing and execution of terms, conditions and delivery.
- Review facility and region profit and loss statements
discuss findings and ideas/issues with Facility Manager and Commercial Manager.
- Receive in-bound calls and assist the other buying groups in servicing the facility’s customer base.
- Gather, review, and contribute commodity market analysis and information in support of location/ regional position.
- Input customer information into the CRM product.
- Other duties as assigned.
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
Required - Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
Preferred - Master's degree in Agricultural business.
Required - 3 years' experience in trading, logistics, or related field.
Preferred - Prior contract negotiation and grain industry experience.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At CGB, you can contribute to meaningful work, grow professionally and personally, and belong in a place where everyone has a voice.
Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. Today, CGB operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and over 1,000 U.S. employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for producers and logistics services for an international base of customers. The combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50 years of strength and stability!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.