Foreign Agricultural Service Opens Applications for New Fellowship Program
The FAS Diversity Fellowship Program will provide graduate fellowships to qualified individuals who will attend two-year graduate programs in Agribusiness or Agricultural Economics at U.S. universities, provide two summer internships – one domestic and one overseas, offer mentoring from a Foreign Service Officer, and provide professional development activities.
The program ensures that the Foreign Service reflects the face of America to foreign audiences and provides a source of trained women and men who are dedicated to pursuing Foreign Service careers with the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Foreign Agricultural Service.
- Funding up to $42,000 per year to attend two-year graduate programs in agribusiness or agricultural economics at U.S. universities.
- Two summer internships, one domestic and one overseas, at a U.S. embassy/consulate.
- Mentoring from a Foreign Service officer.
- Professional development activities to prepare individuals for their Foreign Service careers.
- Pathway to employment in the Foreign Agricultural Service for those who complete the program and FAS requirements, with a five-year obligation.
For more information and to apply please visit here.