USDA APHIS Seeks Office Manager
- The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
- The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as senior administrative staff member, providing guidance to other administrative personnel and work units throughout the state.
- Assists with the requesting, processing and implementation of cooperative agreements, grants, interagency agreements and MOU's.
- Assists with the research, projection, establishment, and maintenance of annual budget.
- Analyzes procurement policies and procedures, orders and purchases equipment, and maintains invoice, payment, and reconciliation activities.
- Monitors that all expenditures fall within budget allocations, and budgetary/purchasing policies and regulations are followed.
- Manages vehicle fleet including; procurement, utilization, storage, accidents, cost, and maintenance.
- Responsible for enforcing time and attendance policy and regulation, and timely and accurate time and attendance reporting.
- Point of contact and responsible for submission of personnel actions to HR including; position management, hiring action approval, and appointment limitations.
- Administers employee onboarding, orientation, and exit procedures.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Those who were born male after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt.
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of one year probationary period, unless previously served.
- Direct Deposit: Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit https://www.e-verify.gov/.
- May be some walking, standing, bending, stooping, carrying of light items such as papers, books, or small parts, or driving an automobile.
- Some supplies, such boxes of copier paper, may weigh up to 40 pounds.
QualificationsApplicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience and/or education, as defined below.
TIME-IN-GRADE: Current federal employees applying for a promotion opportunity must meet time-in-grade (TIG) requirement of 52 weeks of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled.
FOR THE GS-06 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-05 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Proficient and knowledgeable with processing transactions, and able to apply varied guidelines, systems and policies as they evolve.
- Performed a wide variety of problem trouble shooting; developed information, identified interrelationships and took actions consistent with objectives of the program
- Prepared budget estimates and reviewed status of funds reports to determine if projected or expended funds are consistent with the overall budget allocations
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This position does not have an education qualification requirement.
How to Apply
Please read the entire announcement and all instructions before you begin. To view the full announcement visit here.
You must complete this application process and submit all required documents electronically by 11:59p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
Applying online is highly encouraged. We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00a.m. - 4:00p.m., Monday - Friday). If applying online poses a hardship, contact the Agency Contact listed below well before the closing date for an alternate method. All hardship application packages must be complete and submitted no later than noon ET on the closing date of the announcement in order to be entered into the system prior to its closing.
This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; contact the Agency Contact to request this.
Step 1: Create a USAJOBS account (if you do not already have one) at www.usajobs.gov. It is recommended that as part of your profile you set up automatic email notification to be informed when the status of your application changes. If you choose not to set up this automatic notification, then you will have to log into your USAJOBS account to check on the status of your application.
Step 2: Create a Resume with USAJOBS or upload a Resume into your USAJOBS account. You may want to customize your resume to ensure it documents duties and accomplishments you have gained that are directly related to this position in order to verify that qualifications are met. In addition, your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire (you may preview the online questionnaire by clicking on the link at the end of the How You Will Be Evaluated section of the job announcement).
Step 3: Click "Apply Online" and follow the prompts to complete the Occupational Questionnaire and attach any additional documents that may be required. You can update your application or documents anytime while the announcement is open. Simply log into your USAJOBS account and click on "Application Status." Click on the position title, and then select "Update Application" to continue.