USDA Seeks Survey Statistician
Posted on June 30, 2022
This position is located in the United States Department of Agriculture, National Agricultural Statistics Service. The position is a remote position working from a home office with the occasional need to report to the office or meet face-to-face with stakeholders in one of 6 NASS Regional Offices. The selectee must reside in one of the following regions: Great Lakes, Delta, Southern Plains, Mountain, Northwest, or Pacific. The option to work in one of the agency offices may also be available.
- Plans and conducts agricultural surveys and prepares estimates and forecasts concerning crops or commodities of major importance within the overall economy of the State.
- Develops both broad and detailed plans and procedures for the conduct of surveys and for the analysis and preparation of estimates, forecasts, and reports.
- Examines listings and tabulations, recognizing deviations and trends and verifying the accuracy of data.
- Determines validity and representative quality of reports; assures comparability of indications; eliminates erroneous or unrepresentative reports and ensures proper sampling at the county, district, and State level.
- Assesses variability and bias in sample data.
View full description and apply through https://www.usajobs.gov/job/66208570