JR. MANRRS MEMBERSHIP
The National Society for Minorities in Agriculture, Natural Resources and Related Sciences (MANRRS) Pre-College Initiative Program will lead the world in enhancing the pre-college students’ Academic, Professional, and Leadership skills in order to maximize their success in life.
The Jr. MANRRS Program is designed to stimulate the interest in science, technology, engineering, agricultural, and mathematics fields, or STEAM. The goal is to encourage students in grades 7–12 to attend college and pursue agriculture, natural resources, and environmental sciences degrees. Our Jr. MANRRS program provides activities to help students discover firsthand how agriculture, engineering, and technology relate to the world around them and discover the excitement of academic excellence, leadership, technical development, and teamwork. One of our signature programs is the Jr. MANRRS Regional Cluster Meeting, a low-cost, three-day professional development event for students in grades 7-12. MANRRS is partnering with programs and organizations such FFA, 4-H, and Agricultural Future of America (AFA) to promote the importance of agriculture and its relative impact on our daily lives while providing opportunities to interact and network with other professional organizations.
Benefits of the Jr. MANRRS Program
- Encourages students to have a positive attitude towards academic excellence
- Stimulates enthusiasm about science, technology, engineering, agriculture, and mathematics
- Encourages 7th-12th graders to pursue degrees in agriculture and other related fields
- Increases the number of underserved and underrepresented students attending and graduating from college
- Provides mentorship from collegiate students and career professionals
- Encourages and supports parental commitment to children’s education
- Raises cultural awareness among students
How Our Membership Prepares Students for the Future
- Provides students with access to more than 60 chapters at colleges and universities that provide agricultural and related sciences majors
- Provides leadership and professional development skills, such as dressing for success, interviewing skills, writing resumes, learning proper dinner etiquette, completing college applications and essays, and networking opportunities
- College Admissions Preparation: Obtain materials to prepare you for the SAT and ACT
- Receive college application information, including how to get into college, financial aid information, etc.
- Opportunities to be mentored and/or tutored by college students or professionals currently working in a STEAM field
- John Deere Scholarships and Awards: Awarded to Jr. MANRRS members in high school who have excelled academically and expressed an interest in pursuing a career in agriculture and related fields
- Discount Registrations for conferences and events, including the Annual Conference held each March. Our conferences offer innovative programming designed to expose youth to science, technology, engineering, agriculture, and mathematics (STEAM)
- Leadership Development: Develop your leadership skills by serving in many chapter and some regional leadership roles
- Opportunities to meet other Jr. MANRRS members, collegiate members, and alumni members from around the country
Interested in starting a MANRRS chapter?